Covid19 Blog Day 2

Very disappointing. I had wanted to capture the sun on the tulips, the watercolour was chalky (cheap materials), and the colours I used were opaque rather than transparent.  I tried again.

Well, a bit better. At least there is an attempt at light shining through the petals. Still not happy, so I decided to enjoy the tulip rather than agonise over it.  I created a monoprint, then collaged it and sloshed colour over it.  Much more fun!!

I then ignored the subject matter and just had a play.  I created a coloured background then painted,  monoprinted, and drew into it with a gel pen, lots of shapes from the tulips. A fun outcome even if some of the images are like goblets! Like a 60’s curtain fabric…..

Share your thoughts